Monday, February 7, 2011

INTERVIEW WITH GANGSTA BOO

“The whole thing was super surreal. It was like I was in a fucking movie”

Inquiring minds scrambled to get the 411 on the news reports that were plastered on the news and the Internet that Lola “Gangsta Boo” Mitchell was a suspect in an armed robbery case. The news caused Lola “Gangsta Boo” to issue an official statement in regards to the case on Friday, December 11, 2009


OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM GANGSTA BOO
"I, Lola C. Mitchell aka Gangsta Boo, was not, I repeat, was not involved in any kind of conspiracy of any kind involving a robbery.

I am being implicated false on statements and terms. I have no connections with any unlawful activities with the suspect Marcus Curtis or anyone else involved in this matter.

I was neither questioned nor informed of any such charges brought against me before a warrant was issued which lead me to turn myself in.

I feel like I have been publicly slandered and targeted because of my career, I am innocent on all charges and the truth will prevail in the end."

So what’s next on her list? Well INTRO got the chance to talk to Gangsta Boo while she was in the studio in New York.

INTRO: I have read the reports and went over you official statement. I know that a lot of people are more interested in knowing if you committed the crime or not. I really want to get away from that get away from that and ask how did you first find out about the charges?

Gangsta Boo: I found out from my mother. The detective came to see her and she called me after he left. You know how it is when you see your momma’s number in the caller id when she calls. You are thinking “what she want now”? She told me “The police just came looking for you” I was like “Oh my God, what the hell, the police came”? She gave me the number and I called the detective and he told me what was going on. I asked him “Me? Are you sure”? The whole thing was super surreal. It was like I was in a fucking movie. I just couldn’t believe it. I just got a DUI. Right now that is the worst thing on my record right on my record.

It is crazy! The process is crazy. It makes me look at a lot of people in jail saying that they are innocent different. I am now on the inside verses the outside looking in on some shit like this and I don’t even know where the hell it came from. It was like a fan gone mad. I am guilty by association. I knew the but I didn’t know him like that. He was an associate of an associate. It was somebody that I kicked out my crew months ago. I don’t know where this came from.

INTRO: So it was someone still holding animosity.

Gangsta Boo: Ain’t no probably to it. Everybody that knows me knows I don’t have to do anything like that. First of all there is nothing for me to get in a Dollar General. Don’t take this as being conceited but I try to surround myself with a lot of successful people. If I am ever down to that point I am cute enough, single, no kids, so I can always go to a dude or one of my friends. I would never have to do nothing low level or some shit like that. I can always spit a verse or something. There is a whole lot of things I could do than to do stuff that would end my life or my career. I preach about that. My brother has a robbery charge and I was mad as hell at him when he went to jail and then he went right back in for it. I am super pissed at him you know. Its not something that I am worried about getting props for or not. Its just the whole process. God must really be trying to show me who really down. This is so huge. It was a huge question mark in my life. I know for a fact that a blessing is coming behind it. That is my thing cause that is what I believe. Things being that crazy in your life can’t nothing but good come to you later in life.

INTRO: How has the industry responded towards your situation? Did anyone reach out to you or were people choosing not to associate with you because of the charges?

Gangsta Boo: I know a lot of people but that doesn’t mean that I associate with them. I am cool with the people that I was cool with before this happen. The situation brought a lot of attention to my name. I have a lot artists hitting me up on Twitter like “Yo! I been meaning to get in touch with you” I am like “Damn ok” you know what I am saying. So its like a gift and a curse at the same time. I am not being mean but I am not really into to this whole industry friend thing. I been in this for a long time. Making friends in the industry is something that I am not really keen on doing anyway cause it ain’t sincere. For the most part its strictly business anyway. I am down for those that are down with me. Like I said its God’s way of saying that “I am about to bless you and these are the type of people that you are not going to want around you because whatever you are what ever happens this is what they are going to do”. Only time will tell.

INTRO: I know that you have a lot you are trying to get done in the studio. What type of feel are you going to have for the new album?

Gangsta Boo: A lot of emotion. There is not a particular feel that I am going for. I have always been one of those type of artists to write about how I feel. Whatever I am feeling is what the people are going to get. They are going to get a whole lotta “Gangsta Boo” stories about her life.

INTRO: do you have any special features on the album?

Gangsta Boo: Well right now the mixtape that is out right now is like an album. Its not your typical mixtape where I would freestyle over everybody else’s beats. I am with Drumma Boy and everybody know s who he is He produced half the tracks. Shawty Red produced a couple of tracks. I have a record with Gucci, Shawna, Crunchy Black, Angel Lola Luv talking for me. I recorded a record with Nicole Ray and Lil John. I gotta couple things under my sleeve.

INTRO: Who would you like to work with that you haven’t worked with yet?

Gangsta Boo: I am going to be honest with you it would not be another rapper it would be more like a Rockstar like Pink.

INTRO: What! I think that would be a hot collabo.

Gangsta Boo: To be honest I don’t really listen to a lot of rap unless its me, some ole shit if mine., 3 6 Mafia, Kanye, Outkast, stuff like that. I may listen to a mixtape here and there just to hear what they are talking about. I mostly listen to alternative music. I listen to the Alanis Morrisettes, the Aviril Levines, the Sticklebacks, One Republic stuff like that. Rap to me right now is at a state of emergency. It sucks right now. It ain’t gonna make or break me to collab with someone. It would be cool but its not something that I am dying to do. I would rather do a collab with a Rockstar or somebody that is on a higher plateau that can bring certain things out of me. I feel like I have capitalized and mastered this rap shit. I need somebody that is going to pull something else out of me than the regular sixteen bars.

INTRO: Do you have any other projects that you are working on?

Gangsta Boo: I am working on voice overs. I have been in and out of LA looking for the best agent so if anybody has an agent to refer I am looking in California or even in Atlanta. If you know anybody that needs a voice over let me know. I also have my own record label Crazy Mind Entertainment. I had a couple of artists. One is incarcerated and the other one doesn’t listen cause he is set in his ways. I am definitely looking for some artists preferably producers. I can consult a lot independent artists and producers. I can help the producers get their beats sold. That is how I met Drummer Boy. I was buying beats from him and helping him get his beats sold. In my free time I do study law and psychology.

INTRO: Do you have any charities that you are working with or that you support?

Gangsta Boo: At the moment I do not. I would love to speak to the youth, young pregnant females, and black males because I am from Memphis and I have seen a lot coming from Memphis. I have four brothers. Feel that can offer words of encouragement for them.

More info:
@GANGSTABOO





No comments: