Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mickey rourke's Unforgettable Speech at the 2009 Spirit Awards

Why does INTRO love Micky Rourke? Well have you heard the speech that he gave after wining "Best Male Lead" at the Spirit Awards?:

"I just got done talking to the Santa Monica Police Department," Rourke continued. "They gave me a bed to sleep in 10 years ago. And I thank them—I asked them for two pillows, they told me to fuck off. But anyway, thank you, Darren Aronofsky, for believing in me...I've told people in the past that directors like [him] come around every 25 years...He is one tough son of a bitch and he don't like it when I say that 'cause he goes, 'Mickey, you'll scare all the other actors away from me.' But Darren, you know what, if they ain't got the balls to bring it, then f--k 'em, you know."
He even thanked co-star Marisa Tomei by saying "Not many girls can climb a pole, so I give her big props for that". Marisa played a stripper in the movie. We think this is the best speech ever given at an awards show!
Winners from the 2009 Film Independent's Spirit Awards:
Best Feature: The Wrestler
Male Lead: Mickey Rourke, The Wrestler
Female Lead: Melissa Leo, Frozen River
Supporting Male: James Franco, Milk
Supporting Female: Penélope Cruz, Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Director: Tom McCarthy, The Visitor
Screenplay: Woody Allen, Vicky Cristina Barcelona
First Feature: Charlie Kaufman, Synechdoche, New York
First Screenplay: Dustin Lance Black, Milk
Cinematography: Maryse Alberti, The Wrestler
Documentary: Man on Wire
Foreign-Language Film: The Class
Producers Award: Heather Rae, Frozen River and Ibid
John Cassavetes Award: In Search of a Midnight Kiss
Someone to Watch Award: Lynn Shelton, My Effortless Brilliance
Truer Than Fiction Award: Margaret Brown, The Order of Myths

No comments: