Thursday, February 5, 2009

Etta James puts Beyonce on blast!

Ok, so early this morning before I could get my daily work out on I heard that Mediatakeout had this audio of Etta James stating that she does not like Beyonce and that she was upset that she sung "At Last" at the Inaugural Ball. Initially I saw nothing wrong with the performance but I didn't look at it from Etta's point of view. Etta James has been singing this song for a number of years. Hell, it is her trademark song! I even have the best of Etta James just for this song. I think it was an honor to have her song chosen to be sung at the Ball but I do think that it was rude to not have Etta sing the song. They could have even sung it together. I don't think that it was our Presidents fault. It may have been an oversight with the staff that was coordinating the event.

MEDIATAKEOUT: AUDIO OF ETTA JAMES
l

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the beautiful thing about celebrities saying or doing ridiculous things is that, as long as they're getting attention, it can be and probably is a good thing; in this case, Etta James is re-introducing herself to a whole new generation

Unknown said...

Beyonce is talented, but the mainstream music, not all music, should make any famous musician that is 60+ years old cry.